- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp tocos
- 2 tsp dandyblend
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp maple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pulse oats in a blender or food processor until it reaches almost flour-like consistency. Some larger flakes/chunks can remain. Remove from the blender and set aside in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut to the blender and blend into a fine powder. Add the coconut to a mixing bowl and mix in 2 tsp of tocos. Set aside for topping the bites later.
- Mix in the remainder of the shredded coconut, tocos, as well as the dandyblend into the blended oats and set aside.
- Pulse dates in a blender or food processor until broken up. Add in almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender throughout.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by hand. Slowly work the oat blend into the date paste mix. Dough should stick together without being too crumbly.
- Line a tray or plate with wax or parchment paper. Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough at a time and roll it into a ball. Repeat this step until all dough is rolled into balls.
- Dip half the balls into the fine coconut powder tocos blend from earlier. Set back on parchment paper and place in the fridge to set. Let chill 15 minutes before serving.
* Can keep in freezer up to 1 month and fridge for a week.